Thursday, April 16, 2009

Manteca Heat...


Our tourney times for the weekend along with brackets for Sunday have been posted. Our first game is at 10:10 am at Wrigley field. Please be sure to be there and be there on time. For our first game, we will only have 9 players ( a 10th will be there for only part of the game). If you have any idea that you may not be able to make it or you will be late, please let me know SOON. We will be thin on Sunday as well! (We have a few out of town)


Our first game is against the Tabu 11 year old team. They pitch extremely well and hit well. They have speed. Their win/loss record does not do them justice. I had many of these boys on my squad last year, and they are solid. Depending on the day they having, they are beatable- but should play tough knowing it's me they are after (I don't care if someone tells you it doesn't matter, because it does). Many of the parents and coaches I consider family, therefore I would want our boys to show well by playing with grit, guts and class.  After we play them, I will be routing for them. That is, until we play them again.

Practice tomorrow at 5:30. BP and a review of all plays... ground balls/fly balls. If you wish to wear shorts tomorrow, you may! (Just be sure to wear your warm-up top)




Our very own Daniel Gates in action

Canes Playlist