Monday, January 12, 2009

Just go with it Ron...


Practice this past weekend was pretty solid. Now that we are back in the hitting tunnels and getting quality swings along with further work on our pitchers, catchers and team plays, I couldn't be happier. We must have many more great practices to get to the level we should be playing at. Like it or not, we need to take our game to a couple of tourneys for our boys to have a few weaknesses exploited. Yeah that's right- I said it- a little beat down would be good for them... Seriously, have you heard these guys lately? We have a team full of boys that don't stop gabbing and Yappin their mouths. They talk trash... Xbox, girls, music, football, Rock band... just about everything but baseball. DURING PRACTICE. It drives me crazy, but at the same time I kinda like it. I couldn't have dreamed of a team getting along better. For all the reasons it is difficult to quiet them down and get them to pay a little more attention, are the very same reasons why I think they could do extremely well.
As for me talking about beat downs... Do I really want them to get bounced in their first tourney? Not at all. But something funny happens when these boys get serious. They are good. They are good and they know they are good. I truly believe we are loaded with some of the best athletes around. It will not be until they learn all of our team plays and terminology that they will be good together. It may take a little beat down to realize they need less jibber-jabber and more focus. Until then, I am reminded that these boys are not out here to change the world. They are out here to have fun...

Our very own Daniel Gates in action

Canes Playlist